Fashion is a very vast industry that we all seem to be small pecks of. From ethnic to western to boho to formals, there are unlimited styles that one adheres to. Fashion has not only been one of the most consistently growing but also consistently evolving with sustainability, trends and availability. In this big world of fashion, one of the most important torch bearers are fashion influencers.
Fashion influencers are the guiding light of the lamen public into creativity. They are the untold fashion gurus that play a major role in normalizing affordable and sustainable fashion and also helps the world view it in a different light. From bringing back bell bottom jeans to popularizing ethnic couture, fashion influencers have had a big contribution in the ever changing fashion industry and it’s acceptance. They have always been responsible for thinking out of the box and have also helped uplift a lot of local artisans and their products, popularizing them and helping them sustain.
So here we are today, with a few fashion influencers that you just must follow:
- Komal Pandey. Komal Pandey is a very renowned name in the world of fashion influencers. Hailing from New Delhi, she started blogging about fashion way back in 2012 under the name “The College Couture”. She has since gained massive momentum in social media due to her out of the box style statements and guides to accessorizing and guiding the youth to style simple outfits in a rather fashionable way. She has had a major role in uplifting body positivity and continues to support fashion for all.
- Kritika Khurana. That boho girl has certainly managed to change the outlook on fashion. With bright, dazzling and daring outfits, she has completely smashed the stereotypes of “too much” when it comes to fashion and shown just about everyone that “too much” in fashion does not exist. She started her fashion blogging back in 2014 under “That Boho Girl”, a name that pretty much every fashionista at this day knows about. Her fashion has always been nature integrating and her ever growing followers are proof of the success one might just reach by believing in their style.
- Aimee Song. Song is an American fashion and travel blogger who has her own blog and jewellery collection “Song of Style” and apparel label “Two Songs”. Song’s pastel and earth tone colours keep the entire mood warm and cozy. Her simple yet sophisticated sense of style has raised the bar on “casual” outfits and unveiled a whole new world of all the goodness that might just come out of a simple pair of denims and a white sweater, when one knows how to style it. She has been featured in Forbes 30 under 30 and also been New York’s Bestselling Author for her book, ‘Capture Your Style’, something that she makes sure she does.
- Camila Coelho. Introducing another, Forbes 30 Under 30, Camila is a Brazilian-American fashion influencer. An immigrant in the United States, Coelho’s love for fashion and makeup attracted her to the first step of the fashion world, Dior. While working at the Dior counter, she started uploading her fashion videos on Youtube which gained a lot of popularity and momentum. Soon, she was a fashion icon to many girls and started working with high end brands, including being a part of the Dior Makeup Campaign. She started her own line of apparel “Camila Coelho Collection” and soon after that, her line of makeup “Elaluz” which traditionally means “She is light”.
- Olivia Palermo. Olivia is one of the top fashion influencers based in New York City. She began her career in fashion as a part of the MTV’s television show, The City. While on the show, she worked with Diane von Fürstenberg and later in the accessories department for Elle magazine. The New York Post has named Palermo as one of the best dressed New Yorker of Page Six. Olivia has graced the covers of some of the most notable fashion magazines, including Cosmopolitan, InStyle, Elle, Flare, Marie Claire, Arcadia, Lucky, Brides, Harper’s Bazaar, L’Officiel, Tatler and Stella.
- Caro Daur. Katherina Caroline Daur is a German fashion blogger turned model. She first began fashion blogging in 2014 after launching her website ‘CaroDaur.com’. She rose to fame with her hip and out of the box fashion and soon started collaborating with brands like Adidas, Dolce & Gabbana, Fendi etc through her blog. She became an international fashion sensation and eventually ended up winning awards like ‘New Faces’ awards by Bunte in 2015 and the ‘Idol of the Year’ award by About You in 2017.
- Chriselle Lim. Lim is a Korean-American fashion influencer born in Texas and then a few years in Seoul. She is the founder of The Chriselle Factor, her YouTube channel that paved her path to success. Before that, she was a stylist and fashion editor for a local luxury fashion magazine in Beverly Hills. Her strong-willed dedication to fashion let her to meeting and working with few big names like Molly Sims, Rachel Zoe, Amy Pham etc. She continues to work on her blog and in her freetime is a fashion buyer.
- Aashna Shroff. Shroff is an Indian fashion blogger from Mumbai, who started her own line of home decor, ‘The Snob Home’. Her fashion sense is very organized with hues of cream, beige and white and makes up for the colour with the gorgeous accessories that she dones. She is religiously dedicated to skincare and often ploads tutorials and tips on how to maintain flawless, healthy skin such as hers. Her home decor is just as fabulous as her eye catching fashion statements and she never fails to make one gasp in awe.
- Larissa D’Sa. A travel and lifestyle influencer, D’Sa inculcates a lot of fashion in every part of the world she travels. From local to western, she is determined to try out every new culture and their apparel. Her absolute beach vibes keeps the style colorful and floaty. She is also a TEDx speaker and collaborates with Vogue. She is the founder of ‘Beyond Larissa’ a collection of handcrafted luxury jewels and collectibles as well as ‘Feliz Land’ a collection of stationary. She is also a travel presenter for TravelXP and a GoPro artisan.
- Juhi Godambe. Godambe is an Indian fashion and travel influencer, hailing from Mumbai. She is also the founder of ‘Arabellaa’ a line of fashion apparel. Godambe’s mix of ethnic and western style makes her one of the most desirable fashion bloggers of date. Her bright colours contrasting the sombre earth tones blend almost naturally, giving a rather pleasing aesthetic to the eye. She started out as a Youtuber and has now become a fashion sensation. She has attended the London College of Fashion and also been named the ‘Fashion Influencer of The Month’ by Exhibit Magazine.